Department of Food Technology offers different types of consultancy works to various stakeholders. Serviced extended by the Department includes technical advice, product development, product optimization and technical assistance for the party.
|S.No||Name of the consultancy||Name of the party||Date of signing/request received|
|1||Saintgits provide resource persons for taking classes and expert talks at MG University||National Institute of Plant Science Technology, MG University||MoU signed on 07.08.2020 and extended for 3 more years on 24.04.2022|
|2||Technical advice and assistance relating to the production of pickles, squash, juices and curry powders||ILLAM Homemade Food Products, Kollam||Request received on 05.12.2020 and project on going|
|3||Technical advice and assistance relating to the production of cashew butter, cashew spread and cashew milk||PRIDOR INTERNATIONAL, Mangalam Nagar Mangad, Kollam- 691015||MoU signed on 15.03.2021 first project completed|
|4||Setting up the Microbiology and Molecular Biology lab as well as designing various experiments||Department of Microbiology, SN College, Alathur||Request received on 22.03.2021 and consultancy work completed|
|3||Technical assistance for the production of cone ice cream||Sajan Chacko, Vazhachira, Kuzhimattom, 9847548185||Request received on 14.01.2021 and project completed|
|5||Research and consultancy service including technical advice and assistance relating to the production of value-added food products82021005||POABS AGRO INDUSTRIES, Kuttoor P.O, Pin- 689106, Thiruvalla, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala||MoU signed on 17.09.2021 two projects completed and one project on going|
|6||Research assistance for producing fortified drinking water82021006||V-Guard Industries Ltd,Regd.Office 42/962, Vennala High School Road, Vennala, Kochi||Request received on 11.08.2021 and first project completed|
Memorandum of understanding (MoUs)
ACADEMIC TIE UP
Saintgits College of Engineering signed MOU with National Institute of Plant Science Technology, MG University as part of Academic collaboration by Department of Food Technology. MG University has Recently Started Food Science and Quality Control Programme at School of Food Science and Technology.
INDUSTRY TIE UP
1.Memorandum of Understanding with HT Foods Pvt Ltd, CSEZ, Kochi. [Bell Foods Group (HT Foods Pvt Ltd)], Cochin during World Food Day 2019 as part of Industry collaboration by Department of Food Technology. Bell Foods Exim Private Limited is an ISO 2200-2005 Certified Company and is specialized in supplying frozen shrimps, cuttle fish, crabs, squid, grouper fish, octopus, vannamie and a range of processed sea foods for distribution in India and export to other countries worldwide
2. Signed MoU with National Institute of Plant Science Technology, School of Bioscience, MG University on 07.08.2020 and extended for 3 more years on 24.04.2022. Activities under the MoU includes Facility, Faculty and student exchange and research collaboration.
3. . Signed MOU with Synthite Industries Private Ltd on 05.01.2021 as part of Industry Collaboration by Department of Food Technology. Synthite Industries Private Ltd is the WorldLargest Producer of Value Added Spices. Synthite is dealing with value added spice extracts (oleoresins), essential oils, lutein and marigold, green spice extracts, herbal extracts, tea and coffee extracts, floral extracts, vanilla extracts, dried fruit extracts, natural colours, natural antioxidants, natural flavours, liquid seasonings, phytochemicals, resinoids, supercritical CO2 extracts, encapsulated and spray dried, granules and beadlets, and cold crafted products.
4. Signed MoU with Pridor International, Kollam on 15.03.2021 for providing technical advice and assistance relating to production and standardization of their value added cashew products.
5. . MoU signed between Saintgits College of Engineering and POABS AGRO INDUSTRIES, Kuttoor, Thiruvalla on 17th September 2021 for the Research and consultancy service including technical advice and assistance relating to the production of Value added food products for 5 years.
6. Signed MoU with Future’s Vibe, Kalamassery on 02.02.2022 for providing Technical advice and assistance relating to the production and standardization of prominent value-added food products