- Aswin Thomas Abraham (2002-20006 Batch ECE)
The engineering degree I received at Saintgits College of Engineering has been paramount in shaping my entire career. I was part of the first batch of students and while the program and course material was tailored wonderfully, what truly made the experience great and set my foundations strong, were the faculty and the culture of the college from Day 1. They cared about their students a great deal and hence set an example for the kind of leaders we have become today. A lot of things I learned in character and in technology have helped me in many aspects of my career. It has been 15 years since I graduated and I attribute my success in scientific publications and international industry experience to the amazing people of Saintgits, namely Prof. Amey miss, Dr. T.V. Babu Rajendran, Dr. Shajimon and Dr. Riboy Sir and many others who nurtured me to aim for great heights and to never settle for less. Saintgits has been the first step to my growth and I would encourage anyone to go through their program.
- Dr. Anu Baby (2005-2009 Batch ECE) Post doctoral Research Scientist, Department of Materials Science, University of Milan-Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Saintgits made my dream of becoming an engineer come true which was the first milestone towards my career. If I had not won the scholarship offered by Saintgits based on meritocracy I would not have had the possibility of realizing my dream. For this I will be forever indebted to the management. Coming to Pathamuttom and starting my college changed various aspects of my life. It was for the first time I was staying away from my family, but the friends I met there at the hostel helped to alleviate this pain. The hostel life and the friendship I made in Saintgits are one of the most cherished memories I have. The Professors, Lab Assistants, and all staff members are experts in their own fields and also disponible to help the students whenever possible. The classrooms, laboratories are well-equipped and maintained in the best way possible. The extra-curricular activities and the inter-college arts (Nakshatra) and tech festivals were the best of its kinds. Concluding I would highly recommend Saintgits to the new generation of students because Saintgits makes your dreams come true!
- Dr. Arathy Varghese (2013-2015 M.Tech Batch ECE) Research Associate, Cardiff University, Wales UK
My Saintgits experience has had so much influence on me. The plethora of opportunities available gave me a chance to build my skills and expertise in various domains, be it electronics, socializing or even management. The faculty taught me not just technical subjects but also to live to my full potential. They were always so encouraging and it’s the faculty at Saintgits who pushed me to pursue my Doctoral degree when I was confused and reluctant.
- Anil George (2004-2008 Batch ECE) Scientist/Engineer- VSSC/ISRO
Those four years (2004-2008) at SAINTGITS was a brilliant experience, with exposure in both theory and practical domains. The ECE branch was a great choice for me as it opened a lot of opportunities after my graduation. The department was really blessed with many knowledgeable professors. What I have noticed about the college is that it is giving importance to extracurricular activities of the students through its various arts & sports meet and different tech meets.
The knowledge and training obtained from SAINTGITS has helped me not only to acquire the job as a scientist in ISRO through all India entrance but also for the timely completion of the challenging works assigned to me with perfection. The strong technical foundation obtained from SAINTGITS, even helped me to complete my ME Microelectronics degree from IISc, Bangalore with good grades. I express my sincere gratitude to my teachers and college mates who played a role in making me what I am.
- Alen Abraham (2004-08 Batch ECE) Chief Executive Officer PlutomenSpaceforce Pvt Ltd GUSEC, Ahmedabad, India
Saintgits has always been the family I never wanted to get away from. One might think that it is the friendships that I gained during my time at the college is making me say so. But in-fact it is not just that. My professors and their supporting staff, along with the sharing knowledge, shared a bond of love and affection with all of us. They inspired us to think beyond the textbook and consider life more responsibly than ever. I am a proud ‘Electronics and Communication Engineering’ alumni of Saintgits and can openly admit the fact that whatever little I have achieved in life budded at Saintgits. I cannot avoid mentioning the infrastructure and facilities Saintgits provides, because I believe it plays an essential part in the journey of becoming a successful engineer!
- Mani Kunnathettu Rajee (2011-15 Batch ECE) Graphics Software Engineer Intel Technologies Pvt Ltd., Bangalore
“Saintgits family”-The life at Saintgits is true to that word. The college helped me to grow in academics and personal skills. As a student it was great to get state-of-art lab facilities and a truly encouraging set of staff who were ready to provide an extra push to excel. The support for innovative thinking and hands-on experience was something that helped in the long run. Saintgits, a student-friendly campus, coupled with cultural & technical fests, clubs and other activities, ensured a larger opportunity to expand my skills and networking.
- Sruthy Susa Varkey (2015-2019 Batch ECE) HR, Amazon
‘Overwhelmed’ is one of the many words that jumps out of my heart whenever I think about Saintgits.Saintgits College of Engineering is full of countless opportunities if you have the perseverance to discover yourself. I belong to the batch of 2015-2019 ECE. 4 years in Electronics & Communication Engineering Department was an experience of lifetime. The bestest asset of our department is the proficient faculty members who are truly dedicated to bring out the best in us. ECE department provided invaluable learning experience which moulded each of us both professionally and personally. Both the college and the department supports us in academics as well as in co-curricular activities, they will nurture our talents to the core. I am highly grateful and proud to be an alumnus of Saintgits ECE department. Saintgits will be undoubtedly my first choice and recommendation to the upcoming joiners..!!
Notable Achievements of our Alumni
- Virtual Alumni meet of ECE department, “Kadha Paranja Kaalam” was conducted on 28 th August 2021 (Saturday).Over 150 Alumni and 20 faculties attended the virtualmeet. Distinguished alumni award was presented to 4 alumni members.
- Alumni meet of ECE department, “Kadha Paranja Kaalam” was conducted on 28 th December 2019(Saturday).Over 70 Alumni along with their family members and 20 faculties attended the meet. Distinguished alumni award was presented to 3 alumni members.
Alumni Involvement in Board of Studies, Saintgits(Autonomous)
- Er.Dr. Cris Thomas(2010-2014 B. Tech ECE), Chief Robotics Advisor, Breathe Digital, Netherlands, is theBoS expert member of B. Tech RA and theBoS expert member of M. Tech specialization Robotics and Automation.
- Er. Sofiya H S (2002-2006 B. Tech ECE), Deputy General Manager, Vodafone Idea Limited, Kochi, is theBoS Industry Representative member of B. Tech EC and the BoS Alumni representative of M. Tech specialization Telecommunication Engineering.
Er. Basanth Sabu (2008-2012 B. Tech ECE), Design Engineer, ARM, Bengaluru is theBoS Alumni representative of B. Tech ECE.
- Dr. Arathy Varghese, (2012-2014 M. Tech VE), Postdoctoral Research Associate, School of Engineering, Cardiff University, United Kingdomis the BoS Alumni representative of M. Tech specialization VLSI and Embedded Systems.
- Er. Prasanth C (2008-2012 B. Tech ECE), Design Engineer,VVDN Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Ernakulamis theBoS expert member of M. Tech specialization VLSI and Embedded Systems.
Alumni as Department Advisory Board Member
- Er.Sofiya H S(2002-2006 B. Tech ECE), Deputy General Manager, Vodafone IdeaLimited, Kochi, is theDAB Alumni representative of Electronics department.
- Er. Basanth Sabu (2008-2012 B. Tech ECE), Design Engineer, ARM, Bengaluru is the DAB Alumni representative of Electronics department.
- Er.Dr. Cris Thomas(2010-2014 B. Tech ECE), Chief Robotics Advisor, Breathe Digital, Netherlands,is theDAB Alumni representative of Electronics department.
Alumni as Judging Panel Member/ Interview Panel Member
- Gautham (2013-17 ECE)was one of the judges for selecting Best two ECE projects in the 8th National LevelProject Exhibition and Competition-SRISHTI 2022 scheduled on 25th and 26 th April, 2022.
- Mohammed Imran (2009-13 ECE)was one of the judges for selecting Best two ECE projects in the 7th National Level Project Exhibition and Competition- SRISHTI 2020 scheduled on 19 th February, 2020.
- Jeebu Jacob Thomas (2005-09 ECE)was one of the judges for selecting Best two ECE projects in the 6th National Level Project Exhibition and Competition- SRISHTI 2019 scheduled on 27 th January, 2019.
- Kuruvilla John (2011-13 MTECH ECE)was one of the judges for selecting Best two ECE projects in the 5th National Level Project Exhibition and Competition- SRISHTI 2019 scheduled on 03 rd February, 2018.
- Sreejith R (2003-07 ECE)was one of the judges for selecting Best two ECE projects in the 4th National Level Project Exhibition and Competition-SRISHTI 2019 scheduled on 14 th February, 2017.
Expert talks by Alumni (AY 2022-2023)
- Er. Joseph T C, (2002-06 ECE) delivered a talk on “Freedom from…Freedom to….”, A session on Mindfulness on 11/02/2022.
- Er. Joseph T C, (2002-06 ECE) delivered a talk on “Know Thyself, Be Thyself, Celebrate Thyself”, A session on Mindfulness on 11/10/2022.
- Er. Sruthy Susa Varkey, (2015-09 ECE) delivered an Alumni talk on 21/10/2022.
- Er. Mithun C A, (2004-08 ECE) delivered a talk on “Project Based Learning”,on
- Er. James Chacko (2015-2019 ECE) delivered an Alumni Talk, “Career Opportunities in Canada” on 09.03.2023.