- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE)
- The Institute of Engineers India (IE(I))
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Industry Application Society (IEEE IAS)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Power and Energy society (IEEE PES)
The Institute of Engineers India (IE(I))
Saintgits students chapter of The Institute of Engineers India was inaugurated on July 30,2015 is the strongest professional organisation in the college, with more than 3000 B-Tech students from all the departments enrolled as members. The major IE(I) Saintgits Electrical division activities include paper presentation competition, webinar series, aptitude test competition, seminar competitions ,technical film show, poster competition, Project competitions etc.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE)
Saintgits IEEE SB was inaugurated on July 2, 2012 by Dr. S. Gopakumar, former deputy director, VSSC/ISRO and Advisor, IEEE Student Activities, Kerala Section. The IEEE student branch of the Saintgits College of Engineering continues to organize several technical as well as non technical activities in positive spirit. The Saintgits IEEE student Branch in association with the Saintgits Institute of Artificial
Intelligence and Machine Learning (SIAIML) organised a Distinguished Lecturer Program by Dr. Lizy K. John, Fellow IEEE, Professor, the University of Texas at Austin, also conducted webinar on the topic “The art of being unstoppable. IEEE SB conducted various workshops and Hackathons for students.
. Some of the events conducted by IEEE students chapter include
- “Tailor Made Courses” – IEEE SSCS – This course is designed to enhance the employability of students and train them to meet industry requirements. The course is funded by IEEE-SSCS and its syllabus is approved by industry experts.
- IEEE Kochi Subsection AGM – The contributions of Asst. Prof. Abraham George, Saintgits IEEE SB student branch Counsellor, towards IEEE was specially recognized by IEEE Kochi Subsection in the function.
- Other activities – Workshop on Android development by Er Gitto Niclavose, IEEE Kochi Hub Wie Congress, IEEE PES Quiz for 1st year BTech Students, Technical Talk Organised by Saintgits IEEE WIE, 4th Conference on Solid State Circuits etc.
Indian Society for Technical Education(ISTE)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering had successfully deployed ISTE student chapter in 2009. All the faculty members of the department and many of the students are ISTE membership holders. Many programs are conducted under the banner of ISTE student chapter. Some activities organised are – Technical talk on ‘ANDROID OS’, Refreshment Course on Open Source tool etc.
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Industry Application Society (IEEE IAS)
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Power and Energy society (IEEE PES)
ASSOCIATION OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING STUDENTS(PHASE)
The association has been instrumental in providing the students an exposure to
recent advancements in the area of Electrical Engineering. The technical fest
“DYUTHI” is organized and conducted by Association of Electrical Engineering
Students every year providing an excellent platform for the upcoming electrical
engineers to showcase their talents and technical know-how.
The various events of “DYUTHI” indulge a total cash price worth 1 lakh and the
main events streamed are:
- Paper presentation
- Smart Innovation
- Technical quiz
- Best engineer
- Matlab Programming
- ARDUINO Programming
- Webinar etc