SAINTGITS AUTODESK TIE-UP
Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software and service. Since its introduction of AutoCAD software in 1982, Autodesk continues to develop the broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art 3D software for global markets.
Autodesk offer Saintgits Group of Institutions free access to Autodesk’s leading 3D design software through the Autodesk Academic Resource Center for use in classrooms and labs on campus. By equipping students with the same tools used by industry professionals today, the collaboration will advance students’ practical knowledge and application of design technology to address real-world design challenges. Additionally, the collaboration will see Autodesk working with Saintgits Group of Institutions to:
- Develop discipline-specific design curricula which can be integrated into relevant digital courseware.
- Advance faculty technical skills through training programs so they can further shape the classroom experience.
- Provide immersive learning opportunities such as national design competitions for students to showcase their creativity and skills to gain recognition.
- Offer opportunities for students to validate their skills through Autodesk certification program.
SAINTGITS – NIT WARANGAL – NRIDA TIE-UP
Department of Civil Engineering, Saintgits College of Engineering, made an association with NIT Warangal as part NRIDA research project. This tie-up mainly focuses on traffic survey, structural evaluation using FWD, pavement condition index, and roughness values of various roads to determine structural and functional performance. The college made association with the data collection of 15 Roads with Mixed Seal surfacing, Dense graded BC surfacing 30 mm or 40 mm thick and OGPC + Seal Coat surfacing.
The project includes 3 stages:
Stage 1- Detailed inspection of the project site for traffic data collection, estimation of PCI, assessment of pavement layer properties from DPR
Stage 2 – FWD study and roughness evaluation after the monsoon season
Stage 3 – FWD study and roughness evaluation during the summer season
MOU WITH TVASTA MANUFACTURING SOLUTIONS – 3D PRINITING
Mou signed between Saintgits College of Engineering and Tvasta Manufacturing Solutions to share the expertise available at both ends for mutual benefits in the field of education, scientific, and industrial research. 3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing, is a process of creating three-dimensional objects by layering successive materials on top of each other. Unlike traditional subtractive manufacturing methods, where material is removed from a solid block to create a shape, 3D printing builds up the object layer by layer. The Memorandum of Understanding envisages the following:
- Research Synergy: Forge a research alliance to advance 3D concrete printing technology and share expertise to pioneer innovations, explore new applications. and develop an intellectual property portfolio as _an output from the said research alliance. Access Facilities for Saintgits Ph.D. Scholars Conducting Research at Tvasta R&D Lab based on mutual convenience.
- Tech Exchange: Facilitate the seamless exchange of technical knowledge and insights. fostering accelerated development and continuous improvement. This includes a dedicated focus on practical structural design aspects as well. Consultative Support for Structural Design, Encouraging Faculty (Consultancy) Involvement in Real-World Building Projects.
- Talent Empowerment: Provide faculties and students with hands-on internship through exposure to real-world projects and nurture future-proof engineers in the 3D printing domain based on mutual convenience.
- Market Stimulus: Offer exclusive pricing benefits on concrete 3D printers to Saintgits, as an educational institution, promoting wider adoption and enhancing both parties’ market presence
- Certification Course: A collaborative certification course in 3D concrete printing technology, authorized by the Construction Skill Development Council of India (CSDC) based on mutual convenience
- 3D Printed Bus Stop: Tvasta and Saintgits will work on developing a structural design for a 3D printed bus stop that will be used in the campus
MOU WITH KERALA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY – BIM TRAINING
Saintgits College of Engineering signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kerala Technological University, KTU to train and to provide support for the skill development of faculty and students in Building Information Modelling (BIM). The main aim of the collaborations is to impart training with the use of modern communication media and technologies for the development of skills appropriate for a learning society in the context of innovations, research and discovery by establishing educational network related to engineering science. Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a process that involves creating and managing digital representations of physical and functional characteristics of a building or infrastructure. BIM is used throughout the entire lifecycle of a project, from conceptualization and design to construction, operation, and maintenance. Key components of BIM include: 3D modeling, data integration, collaboration, interoperability, visualization, analysis and simulation and facility management.
MOU WITH PMU-RKI-LSGD – REBUILD KERALA PROJECTS
Saintgits College of Engineering successfully holds a memorandum of agreement with Project Management Unit, Rebuild Kerala Initiative, Local Self Government Department, Government of Kerala through agreement number 38/2020-21/PMULSGD dated 21/12/2020. The objective of this MoU is to collaborate in the design, construction and evaluation of Rebuild Kerala Projects undertaken by PMU-RKI-LSGD. The role of faculty members from Saintgits College of Engineering as quality monitors will be to provide guidance to the Project Implementation Unit, to bring out the weakness or shortcomings in the quality control system and to provide feedback for improvement. This role can be fulfilled by field inspections during different stages of work and through inspection of completed works. This agreement will serve as a platform for the engineering students from Saintgits College of Engineering to carry out internships and to collaborate with Rebuild Kerala Initiative in research activities of common interest.