Candidates who have been awarded or qualified for the award of the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology, from an Institution approved by AICTE are eligible for admission to the M Tech, Programme. Eligibility of candidates having MCA/MSc qualifications will be decided from time to time by following the guidelines issued by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the Government of Kerala and notified separately. Other important eligibility criteria are as listed out by the Director of Technical Education with the approval of the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and admitted to the M Tech programme are eligible to receive Half Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) as per the rules of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)/Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Sponsored candidates from Industries, R&D organizations, National Laboratories as well as Educational Institutions, with a bachelor’s degree in engineering are eligible for admission to the M Tech programme.
- Foreign nationals whose applications are received through Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Government of India are also eligible for admission to the M Tech programme.
- Announcements for M Tech Programmes will be made by the DTE, Government of Kerala.
- Selection of candidates for the M Tech programme will be done centrally or monitored by the Directorate of Technical Education as per the guidelines given on this by the Government of Kerala.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to each M Tech stream will be as per the approval of the University which shall be based on decision on this given by the All India Council for Technical Education.
- Admission will be complete only on meeting all the other requirements mentioned in the letter of admission and on payment of the fees.
- Candidates who have the Associate Membership of Professional Bodies that are approved by the University and have qualified in GATE shall also be eligible for admission to the M Tech programme.
- The reservation policy of the Government of Kerala and the Government of India shall be followed in admission to the M Tech programme.
- All admission will be governed by the procedure laid down for this by the Director of Technical Education, Kerala and the Government of Kerala.
- Notwithstanding all that is stated above, the admission policy may be modified from time to time by the University, particularly to confirm to directions from the Government of Kerala and the Government of India.
How to Apply
Application may be submitted in the prescribed form available at Corporate Office on payment of Rs 750/- by cash. Filled up application form and the self-attested copies of the required documents are to be forwarded to the Corporate Office either in person or by post. The Application form can also be downloaded from this website. Please attach DD for Rs 750/- (Rupees Seven hundred fifty only) drawn in favour of Saintgits College of Engineering, payable at Kottayam along with the downloaded application form.
Admission is strictly on the basis of merit. Government Quota Seats will be filled as per the DTE Rank order of the candidates applied. Reservation category Seats available in the Government Quota also filled from the DTE Rank order of the candidates applied. Selection of Management Quota Seats will be based on the Rank list published based on the index marks obtained on considering the % of Marks up to 6th Semester in the Qualifying Examination and Gate Scores.
Documents to be furnished at the time of admission:- (For their later use, candidates are advised to take sufficient photo copies of certificates submitted.)
- SSLC Certificate / School Record for proof of Age
- Original Mark List of Plus Two.
- All Degree Mark Lists in original.
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate
- Migration Certificate for those who have Qualified other than MG University.
- Eligibility Certificate from M G University for students other than those who have passed their Qualifying Degree from Universities from other State.
- GATE Score Card in original (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate in original from the Institution last studied
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied
- Four passport size (colour) photographs
- Community/Income Certificate in original for candidates belongs to SC/ST/OEC categories
- Demand Draft favouring Saintgits College of Engineering payable at Kottayam for Rs 20,000/-
Balance Fee towards First Semester may be paid within 15 days of allotment.
Mode of Payment of Fees: By DD (favouring Saintgits College of Engineering, Payable at Kottayam) to be submitted at the time of admission.
|M-TECH FEE STRUCTURE 2017 ADMISSIONS ( 1 SEMESTER)|
|A -COLLEGE FEES|
|B- OTHER COLLEGE FEES|
|SUBSCRIPTION TO COLLEGE ASSOCIATION ,SECTIONAL ASSOCIATION & TECHNICAL BODIES PER SEMESTER||2350|
|E-UNIVERSITY & OTHER FEES|
|UNIVERSITY EXAM FEE ( FOR SEMESTER I)||1500|
|GRAND TOTAL F(D+E)||85950|
Following scholarships are provided for M Tech students per Semester.
- Alumni with CGPA Above 7.5: Full Scholarship
- Alumni with CGPA 7.0 – 7.5: Rs 55,000
- Alumni with CGPA 6.0 – 7.0: Rs 45,000
- Any student with CGPA above 7.5: 80% Scholarship
- Any student with CGPA 7.0 – 7.5: Rs. 45,000
- Any student with CGPA 6.0 – 7.0: Rs. 35,000
- B. Tech. (Hons): Full Scholarship
For Admission and further information
Anju Anna Jacob
+91 9895903278, +91 8129702585
III Floor, Unity Buildings
K K Road, Kottayam 686 002
Tel/Fax +91 481 2584330, +91 481 2300365