The world will always need engineers because they are the people who make things happen and make sure they keep on going. With engineering roles becoming broader, more complex and increasingly Interdisciplinary , many new engineers, due to the nature of their studies, are not being able to prepare well. Engineering roles, particularly in projects, manufacturing and utilities are becoming less defined and require incumbents to have a broader knowledge of engineering disciplines beyond their initial training and education. The roles can be labelled as Interdisciplinary. Engineers are increasingly finding themselves working as part of the Robotics and Automation team projects that require more than one technical specialism (perhaps a good example is Robotics, where an engineer working on the electrical components will need to understand the overlaps with the mechanical aspects).
Saintgits College of Engineering started this department with a good infrastructure and a team that would allow us to impart knowledge along with providing opportunities to practice the knowledge like professionals. We train our students to break down disciplinary boundaries, through activities such as the Global Engineering Challenge, where they work in Robotics and Automation Projects, collaborating to solve real problems affecting parts of the developing world. Robotics and Automation problem solving allows ‘creative leaps’ to be made that would not be possible otherwise. We ask our students to imagine the world they want to live in and work towards achieving their dream.
- To realize the potential of the Robotics and Automation field
- To be an international leader in Robotics and automation Engineering Education and Research
- To become the most noted institute for the significant contributions in the field globally
- To provide graduate students with the knowledge, experience, and skills to become the leaders in Robotics and automation research and education
- To leverage students’ innate interest in Robotics and automation engineering Projects, to increase the enrollments and steer more young people into careers in Robotics and automation areas both at national and international levels
- To partner with Government, Industry, and other organizations in the areas of consultancy,Training, Research and collaboration.
Dr. Riboy Cheriyan
Professor & HOD
Department of Robotics and automation Engineering
Ph: +91 481 2436169, mob: +91 9744600993